The Poon Hill Trek is rated as moderate, and is not at extremely high altitudes. Oxygen and mountaineering equipment are not required for this hike. Temperatures range from 40-75 degrees (F). You must be physically fit and in good health to undertake this adventure.
On this 10-day trip you’ll spend time with women and girls at The Freedom School, meet with local leaders, take a 3-day moderate trek in the Annapurna range, and sightsee at World Heritage sites in Kathmandu. Our hope is that this immersive volunteer experience will enrich you personally, and will increase your awareness and in-depth understanding of our work and of the issues facing girls in South Asia.
You’ll experience the cultural richness and extraordinary Himalayan landscapes of Nepal, as well as its unique challenges. We’ll highlight the heroic efforts of people and organizations working together – saving lives, advocating for justice and bringing help and hope to thousands of women and children.
Day 1 – Arrivals to hotel, trafficking presentation and welcome dinner
Day 2 -Sightseeing including Boudanath Stupa and Durbar Square, a World Heritage site; Lunch in Thamel, drive to Nuwakot
Day 3 – Visit The Freedom School where we we’ll volunteer with the kids and meet inspiring survivor-activist Anjali Tamang. Walk to the famous Dupcheswor Temple or in the beautiful mountains surrounding the school.
Day 4 – Drive to Pokhara
Day 5-8 – Ghoripani Poon Hill Trek
Day 9 – Hike out and travel back to Pokhara
Day 10 – goodbye breakfast, departures
- domestic flights, accomodation and transportation
- all meals and filtered water
- 2 full days of site visits
- 4 full days of hiking, including trekking permits, trekking guide and porters
- airport transfers to and from hotel
- all taxes, tips and service charges included
- $5000 tax-exempt donation to Her Future Coalition
- International airfare
- Ubers or departure transport to airport
- Alcohol or wine (welcome to purchase yourself!)
- $7,000 per person (includes $5000 tax-exempt donation to Her Future Coalition)
Trips are limited to 10-12 guests and $2000 deposits are due 90-days prior to trip dates. Final payment due 60 days prior to travel dates. Payment plans and options to fundraise are available.
- Many guests choose to stay longer to explore other parts and/or plan to visit surrounding countries
- We offer a Zoom meeting before trips for attendees to meet each other, this helps with travel anxiety!
- We know trips like this can be scary and exciting. Please feel free to reach out and we’re happy to chat through logistics. Once registered, you’ll have a good flow of emails regarding all aspects of the trip and expectations. A preparation guide is sent a few weeks before the trip, as well.